The closer the extraction system is at the point of origin, the more effective is the capture and the fewer particles gather in the air or on surfaces.
Capturing is ideal up to a distance of 10 cm (approx. a hand's width) from the point of origin.
- TBH has more than 25 years of experience and expertise in filter and extraction technology.
- TBH systems concept has the corresponding approval according to ISO 15012-1 ("W3") and filters ultra-fine hazardous particles.
- High-quality filters are approved in accordance with EN1822 with H13 separation degree (99.95% of MPPS = 0.1-0.3µm).
- InLine patient filters guarantees hygiene requirements in the treatment room
Speaking and breathing release aerosols, which can be infectious and respirable.
Depending on the treatment, particles from the skin or the oral cavity are also
- Only effective extraction and filtration in combination with cleaning and desinfecting surfaces protect from transporting viruses/bacteria from one patient to another.
- Change InLine patient filter after each patient.
- Clean protective grid after each patient in thermal disinfector.
- Clean suction hood after each patient by swab disinfection with disinfection wipes.
- Clean suction hood at the end of the work day in thermal disinfector.
High-Tech-Polycarbonat in medical quality
- High temperature stable – up to 121 ° C for autoclaving
- Improved durability for many desinfactants
- Improved durability for alkaline and enzymatic cleaner
- Developed for cleaning in disinfection rinser
Improves hygiene due to front filtration.
- Protects user and patient from biofilms and refluxes from extraction arm.
- Prevents contamination of extraction arm.
- Extends cleaning intervals of extraction arm and filter system.
Reduces maintaining and cleaning expenses.
- Simple cleaning of extraction arm
- Less filter costs of downstream extraction system filters due to less change intervals
Additionally collecting a very wide range of gases and odors - > neutralization by chemical bonding with attached to the substrate reactant.
Low-contamination dust disposal
Molecular sieve against gaseous pollutants
Pipes /flexible hose/extraction arm
Air return or exhaust air duct
- fulfills protection level for safe extraction and filtering required by TRGS 528 Directive
- specifically tested by Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (IFA) in accordance with DIN ISO 15012-1 (2013) and 15012-4 (2016)
- meets high safety requirements
- safely filters smoke, vapours and dusts with particles in micrometer range
- awarded W3 and DGUV seal
- listed on "IFA positive list"
Requires no special skills
No tools necessary
Manual speed control
Optical and acoustic display of filter saturation
Powerful control electronics
Display / message of errors
Parameterization access for activation of special functions
Collecting error output
Wide range input 100 – 240 V
rotor made of permanent magnet
stator of several windings
bridge circuit of MOSFET transistors commutating electromagnets
Dentists work close to the patient's mouth and have dealt with aerosols even before Corona. They know what risks they pose and that there is only one optimal solution for effective protection against them.
Operates very quietly (about 60 db(A))
Protection Class 1
|Technical data||Unit||DF 230|
|Filter configurations||DF 230|
|InLine patient filter|
|Pre-filter mat (M5)|
|Particle filter (H13)|
|Activated carbon/BAC filter|
|Technical data||Unit||DF 10|
|Filter configurations||DF 10|
|InLine patient filter|
|Pre-filter mat (M5)|
|2-stage filter (particle filter H13 + activated carbon filter)|
Yes, because according to the current state of knowledge the coronavirus has a size of max. 20-160nm and is therefore larger than laser particles (>=10nm), for which our systems are currently mainly used. TBH filter and extraction systems can effectively extract coronaviruses and filter them out of the air. This prevents the viruses from spreading through the air and settling on surfaces through which people can be indirectly infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
H13 filters from TBH are tested in accordance with DIN EN 1822 and therefore offer safe quality. They filter 99.95% of all harmful particles (0.1-0.3µm), including coronaviruses. In comparison, a mask of class FFP3, in accordance with DIN EN 149, only retains 98% * of these particles (0.6µm). The DGUV recommends using an extraction for personal protection before wearing suitable protective equipment. H13 filters offer sufficient protection. They have lower pressure loss, compared to the H14 filter, and thus a better energy balance as well as a longer service life.
Yes. The 99.95% separation efficiency in H13 filters relates to particles of the "most penetrating particle size" (short MPPS, or in German "most penetrating particle size"). These are particles, sizes between 0.1-0.3 µm, represent, the so-called “worst case” for the filter's separation efficiency. Particles that are outside this spectrum, i.e. larger or smaller, are 100% captured by the filters due to various physical effects (according to EN1822).
Filter service lives are very dependent on the application and therefore, cannot be predicted generally.
Normally, the change takes place according to the filter status display on the system.
In medicine / dental / aesthetics applications, the filters have to be changed at least every ½-year due to the bacteria / nucleation. We recommend, regardless of the filter status display, the following filter change intervals:
Replace pre filter mat
Replace main filter
The exchange takes place regardless of the filter status display for the following reasons:
Possible contamination of filter with viruses and the growth of fungi and bacteria on the surface. Biological contamination cannot be monitored via the filter display.
Saturation of the activated carbon with process gases and their aging (even with a low pollutant content). This cannot be monitored via the filter display.
When changing filters, do that in a separate room, wearing adequate PPE. Use a disposable pad when changing the filter. Put the used filter into the airtight transparent bag, which is included in the system`s delivery, and seal it.
TBH filter and extraction systems are not a medical device in accordance with §3 Art. 1 of the MPG (German Medical Products Law), because the systems do not come in contact with the patient. The systems extract the particles safely from the ambient air and serve primarily the occupational safety than patient’s safety. The systems have no therapeutically use. Therefore, they do not need a medical approval according to the European standard DIN EN 60601-1.
Yes, we have prapared a flyer for you. This TBH Corona protection PDF contains all information shown on this site.
The extraction arms can be easily disassembled and then placed in a tub with disinfectant cleaning solution (observe the manufacturer's instructions). After a short exposure time, clean the arms with a nylon brush and then disinfect them (scrub disinfectant).
The system is delivered ready for use. After installing the extraction arm, the system is ready for operation.
U15 filters (degree of separation 99.9995) have a 3-time pressure loss compared to H13 filters (degree of separation 99.95), which leads to a weaker extraction capacity of the system. Much more important than two decimal places in the degree of separation is to capture the aerosols / particles at the point of origin, for which an appropriate extraction power is required. A H13 filter guarantees more safety and efficiency against viruses, bacteria and aerosols over a longer time than a U15 filter.
In addition to the filter performance, the most important thing for the efficiency of an extraction system is correct capturing at the point of origin. If it is too far from the source of aerosol formation, a high degree of separation will not help either. This process is comparable to a sieve that can only filter what goes through and not what passes it. It makes no difference whether a UV-C light lamp or another antimicrobial device is used additionally to extraction. TBH filter and extraction systems have a H13 filter that captures 99.95% of the hard-to-separate particles in the spectrum 0.1µm - 0.3µm, as well as 100% of larger and smaller particles. Therefore, they already offer the best possible protection - not only against particles but also against viruses and bacteria.
UV-C light lamps in addition to extraction systems with TBH filters are not necessary. Correct capturing is crucial for efficient extraction.